What We’re Working On
Downtown Albany strives to be in-tune with the downtown community’s needs.
In the works are:
- A Streetscape Plan for both private and public spaces
- Business Recruitment
- Progressive Business Assistance
- Downtown Albany Facebook page
- Retail Shopping Guide
- Downtown Dining Guide
- Downtown Historic District Tours
- Business and Customer Surveys
What We’ve Accomplished
Downtown Albany has had an impressive track record in revitalization for more than 30 years.
Our recent accomplishments include:
- Rehabilitating more than 20 buildings since 1999, representing over $5 million of public and private reinvestment.
- Encouraging upper floor development.
- Creation of an Economic Improvement District to ensure base funding for Downtown Albany.
- Increased community visibility through summer flower baskets and holiday snowflakes, and advocating for an upcoming streetscape project.
Active livable downtowns don’t just happen. It takes a comprehensive approach coupled with professional leadership and dedicated volunteers to ensure success. Our members have made an investment in Downtown Albany’s future. They help to make a downtown that we can be proud of, now and for generations to come.
The following members have made that commitment. If you are interested in becoming a member, please view our members page for more information including the benefits of membership, as well as our membership application form.